Saturday, April 18, 2009

Field of Daisies



The invigorating smell of summer-infused air floats through the wind and makes its way through my Spirit as I take in its breath. I hear nature confessing its mystery in stories intertwined with the musical lullaby of feathered beings. A song of an old memory, one of my hidden soul and the tale of my creation. It's here in this place that nothing else matters, all noise and chaos-enducing thoughts are cancelled. Surrounding me there is a lush green background of rolling hills which have delicately arranged specks of yellow from playful daisies . I'm free to be me and not wonder if the flowers will judge my desire for freedom, knowing their very essence is flowing with each of the wind's unpredictable invitations to a new dance. They too are secure to be carefree and dance. Surrounded by their wonderful glory, I twirl in their company, sharing in their secret enjoyment to life's beauty. I desperately attempt to capture the memory of the beautiful composite of colors that soften my view with each twirl. The delightful color of green and yellow blend into a dazzling swirl of a perfect love story. Arising from my spirit comes the glee that only a child without hesitation knows. Bubbling with secrets left to tell, a kindling laughter builds from the center of my heart. My beaming, smiling laughter is streaked with discovery and revelation. Wonder fills my eyes, floods my mind, and sparks my heart of the simplicity of such a surrounding. The amazement of how profound an impact this ambiance embodies awakens to life and redefines 'Happiness.' The apple in my cheeks blush with the discovery of this sweeping beautiful journey. My skin is brushed by the sun, as a sign of His love, sending His last kisses of the day as a goodnight to me upon my cheek. The glow's fading presence seems to be winking in its last moments, reminding me that He's with me. I savor the essence of the day I've had with Him by picking a daisy and follow it to my golden hair. As I perfectly place the innocent floral decoration I hear Him say, "Do you like the flowers I made especially for you?" At this, my heart is enveloped with everlasting warmth and another childlike smile embraces my face......

Shannon Psotta
April 2009

No comments: